Commonly Asked Questions
“What is a Third-Party Fundraiser?”
A third-party fundraising event is when a business, organization, community group, school, or individual hosts a program or event to benefit ESPCA. It is planned and executed independently of the ESPCA.
“Why should I have a Third-Party Fundraiser for ESPCA?”
ESPCA is funded primarily by local donations. In order to help adoptable pets in need in our community we need your help.
“I want to organize a fundraiser for ESPCA, but I’m not sure what to do.”
Listed below are some ideas of the many ways that you can help raise funds and awareness for ESPCA. This list is by no means exhaustive; let our creativity guide you!
- Collect Donations: Set out collection canisters next to cash registers to encourage your customers to help support ESPCA.
- Host a fundraiser: Host a benefit concert, have a bake sale, 5K run, a car wash or donate a percentage of designated sale profits. Be creative!
- Designate ESPCA as a beneficiary for your event. If your business of organization hosts an annual event that generates funds, consider donating a portion of the proceeds to ESPCA.
“I want to host a fundraiser. What should I do next?”
Contact ESCPA Executive Director, Vickie Grantz and submit a Fundraiser Proposal Form by email: email@example.com. Once you have approval of your proposed fundraiser, you will receive a Third-Party Fundraising Agreement. After this agreement is signed and returned to the ESPCA, you are ready to start promoting your event!
“What can ESPCA do to help me with my fundraiser?”
Here is a list of some resources that ESPCA may be able to provide:
- Limited volunteers
- Promotion through the ESPCA website, Facebook, and Instagram
- ESPCA brochures and information sheets
The event sponsor is responsible for all details of the event including:
- Underwriting all the related costs
- Printing of all materials
- Creating flyers, social media posts, and direct emails to publicize the event
- Working at the actual event
Who should checks be made out to?
- Please make payments out directly to the ESPCA. A tax receipt will be issued to all documented donations.
Currently in 2022
Rosebud’s Aerial Yoga Studio & Store does the very popular “Yoga with Cats” each month
Ideas to Get You Started
Instead of a car wash, host a dog wash.
Get together a group of friends; gather pledges as fast as you can for 24 hours.
Create a restraint taste test event.
Allow employees to wear jeans to work once a week for a month with a $20 donation.
10 x 10. Give 10 friends 10 donation slips and ask them to get 10 – $10 donations each
Produce a 5K walk-run
Hold an art sale, benefit concert, or silent auction
Host on-line fundraising event
Funds matching gift drive
Silent or live auction
Holiday themed gathering or dinner
Donations in lieu of gifts for a birthday or special day
The Enid SPCA is a registered non-profit agency, and all donations are tax deductible. The Enid SPCA is not associated with any national or state agency and relies solely on donations. The Enid SPCA is not associated with the ASPCA. Please consider a monetary donation to assist with the care of the animals staying with us until they find homes.
Hours of Operation
Closed Sunday and Monday
Tuesday - Friday 11:00-5:00